Right that's it, if one more of you fools tells me that such-and-such a scene is dead, be it house, D&B or whatever I swear to god I'll slap you good!Musical genres don't die, what happens is they go back underground, to their fan base. I hardly think that because there hasn't been a track of that genre inside the top 20 in the last 3 months that qualifies as dead.
Music exists to its fans in one form or another, and for dance music in particular its still in the clubs. Yes their is an atmosphere problem in some venues but I dare say that's more of a drugs problem, (the wrong drugs that is).
I'm sitting here listening to the Royksopp Remix of The Streets - Weak Become heroes, this tune is now nearly 3 years old, but its still awesome, so even if Pete Tong, Judge Jules and Seb Fontaine all went back to their homeworld 2morrow, this music would still be here, and there would be some sucker playing it, even if that sucker is me.

3 comments:
It is indeed a spectacular tune. Only Dr Zoidberg could be incompetent enough to declare dance dead. After all, it's only mutated Disco, and apparently that died circa 1982. Pah, bosh, flimshaw.
Haven't you heard Toby? Saying that dance music is dead is soooo dead.
Loser :)
Dance music lives and breathes and London is the place to be - Fabric - Emporium - ooh did I say that??? No honest dad I AMMMM a good girl honest!!! Some current stuff is shit but thats like anything really - Lashes rocks - my all time fave has to be the Shamen though - sorry I am that old! ;o)
Post a Comment