Do you remember that stage in school you used to get to, usually mid-year, where you sat down one day and had genuinely no idea of the day or date? So mundane and repetitive had your life become that the current incarnation of the Gregorian calendar was in fact too specific with its 7 named days, 12 months and 52 weeks/year! Instead you could have done with just 2 types of days, work-day and not-work-day.
I had that happen to me at work this week for the first time ever, which is odd because I love my job, or at least that's what I keep saying, maybe I just love the fact that I'm not doing any other job, as a wise man once said "everything else is just a drag".
Can I have found a place of work that is actually so unbothered about making something truly exciting that it actually removes the excitement from your body as you pass through the revolving doors at the front entrance, I hope not, for several reasons but mainly because then I'll have to just fast-track myself through management and do the job properly, and frankly that "is just a drag".

2 comments:
First of all, HAHA FOUND YOUR BLOG.
Secondly, yeah. Shit happens. The grass is always greener, and everything you do, whether you enjoy it or not, if you do it for a long enough time, you're eventually gonna get bored. You have good days, bad days and even worse days. But hey, they're paying you money, so it's not all bad.
thankyou Del you have a beautiful way of making things seem simple.
Post a Comment